Monday, April 23, 2007

First Ice Cream Truck Sighting!

Today I had my first ice cream truck siting of the season. It was almost perfect. Perfect, because the sun was shining, I was walking to the grocery store and the sound came slowly to my consciousness, filtering through the mundane traffic noise and crunching gravel. Almost, because I sadly did not partake in any ice cream.

I tried to. I really did. I was going to get some ice cream on principle. (The principles being 1) I really like ice cream; and 2) It's the least I can do, a token of gratitude that my job does not run to a sound track of "Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro..." To loosely paraphrase JFK, our greatest gratitude belongs to those whose jobs we want the least. Though I can certainly think of worse lots. I just can't think of any reasonable way to endorse septic pumping, and I certainly don't want to be a shareholder.)

In any case, my 'determined trotting' skills were no match for his 'illegal right turn through a pawn shop parking lot' skills. I never caught him. Instead, I watched as he merged then disappeared into the afternoon traffic; sad, but with a quiet new resolve.

Spring is the hope of Summer: ice cream trucks, the sweet heralds.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger burndive said...

Ungh! *Sigh* What a sign that summer is nigh. The daylight is longer, just don't let your high calorie treats show up as a sign on your thigh.

A pawn shop is not a good site for a right turn.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I am very uncomfortable with you referencing my thighs, umm, make that thigh? You're worried that I might become assymetrically fat in one thigh? Tim! Control yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home