Sunday, April 01, 2007

I am afraid...*

1. of making some mistake or decision through ignorance, greed or self-will that will lock me into a life of mediocrity.

2. of spiders.

3. of having more dreams than courage.

4. of falling off treadmills because I get distracted and stop running but the track doesn't forget to move because it is a machine.

5. to miss God's will.

6. to do God's will.

7. that my life will be prematurely shortened by the strange food combinations I consume.

8. that my neighbors, upon overhearing the custom ballads with which I serenade my cat, will alert the media and I will be forced into a life of unsolicited fame.

9. of my cat.

10. for the children of parents who use drugs.

11. that this world really is run by money and power.

12. of being too difficult to love.

13. that children will forget how to play. (especially outside)

14. that I will forget how to play.

15. of cheerleaders.

16. for women who live without the protection of rights and freedom.

17. that my heart will become hard, bitter or apathetic.

18. of snorting milk up my nose, and it hurting and then choking and everyone asking if I'm alright, but not being able to answer and everyone looking at me.

*in no particular order

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear" 1 John 4:18

4 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Sazzly said...

I have a good friend who wrote out her biggest fears and put them on the wall of her dorm room -- to bring them out into the open to help her to overcome them. I think it really helped! Just writing a list helped me a lot.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

My Artichoke of Love! When did you start blogging again? I'll add you to my links ASAP. Glad to see I didn't make it on the list.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger TK said...

Jenny, I had almost given up on your blog. Good to hear from you again.

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to #18! My brothers would plot to get me laughing as I was drinking milk - precisely for the effect you describe.
~Beck's Mom~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home