Friday, June 22, 2007

Whoosh!

Is it the sound of another year speeding away? Kids racing down hallways and on to buses? Or the sound of them sheddng all the superimposed, grown-up, school rules? Perhaps it's the vacuum created by all the paperwork I turned in? Or maybe my entire being deflating? The future descending on irridescent wings? I don't know what it means, but it's definitely how I feel...Whoosh!

Another school year done, another last day of school. I realized, as we waved the kids home with cheers and both hands, how much I enjoy working a job that has a beginning and an end. I love the chance to step outside of my work, look back on the year and say, "I did that, and now it is done." Part of it is the satisfaction of completing a meaningful task. Part of it is that I delight in seasons. But part of it is also the joy of walking away, the freedom to set aside one part of my life and explore others.

It's so refreshing.

Whoosh!

3 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy it!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger TK said...

So do you get the whole summer break off?

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Teri said...

Maybe you should spend some of your summer break visiting Arizona...I hear it's nice and warm there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home