Friday, September 09, 2005

Marimba debut

There's nothing quite like elementary school. Even when you're a grown up. Where else could I have played a soprano marimba before an adoring audience some 500 souls strong? Where else would the performance be delayed so that the audience and performers could just stand there and wave to each other? Where else would my musical capacity receive such heartfelt and generous applause?

So there I was, first assembly of the year, up on stage with some other daring (read: willing-to-come-early-and-leave-late-in-order-to-learn-to-play-marimbas-in-a-few-short-days) staff folks. Every neuron in my brain firing AC, GC, GB, EC, repeat (not technically stunning, but the music teacher told me the part still mattered). The alto and bass marimbas adding their deep resonance. Mmmm. Glorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home